Our UK market represents a significant proportion of the visitors Scotland welcomes each year. We aim to understand more about who they are, how they behave and their visit preferences. This can offer a real advantage to those in the tourism industry.
In this section:
Great Britain is Scotland’s largest tourism source market. You can learn more from the summaries and detailed reports covering the most recent domestic tourism statistics. We mainly source information from:
- The Great Britain Tourism Survey (GBTS)
- The Great Britain Day Visits Survey (GBDVS)
These provide volumes, values and characteristics of domestic overnight and day trips by GB residents.
We reviewed the GBTS and GBDVS survey scope and methods in 2019. Doing so with our partner organisations, Visit England and Visit Wales, we made some changes that will:
- Help future-proof the domestic tourism monitoring surveys
- Provide greater consistency with information for other destinations
We will publish:
- Data for 2021 domestic overnight trips in October 2022
- Data for 2021 domestic day trips in December 2022
Read our update on Great Britain domestic travel statistics for more information.